Property Update 2020 – Alan Riley (Sheffield)
This session will cover:
- A commercial landlord and tenant case law update (including recent case law on contracting-out of the 1954 Act; how CVAs affect landlords; AGAs and GAGAs);
- How MEES Regulations are impacting on commercial property transactions.
- Formalities for contracts and deeds: electronic execution of documents.
- Practical problems with easements, covenants and other obstacles to developing land.
- Other recent commercial property law developments (current through to February 2020), analysing all other recent and relevant property law cases, legislative and regulatory developments and consultations that have arisen in the current year.
Alan Riley – Biography
Alan Riley is a solicitor qualified in England & Wales and a property law consultant who provides training, updating information and consultancy services on property law matters to various law firms and in-house lawyers.
Formerly, Alan was a commercial property solicitor in private practice in Manchester, a senior lecturer at the College (now University) of Law in Chester, and a property law consultant with commercial property firms in the North West of England.
He has co-written “Leasehold Liability – A Guide to the 1995 Act” (Jordans) and “Commercial Property and Business Leases” (Jordans).
Cost: £25 per delegate