Flat & Apartment Leases; current issues for residential conveyancers – Stephen Desmond (Wetherby)
Organised by X-Press Legal Services (North & West Yorkshire)
This presentation is designed to provide busy property lawyers with a vital update on a range of leasehold-related matters. A key focus will be on the practical implications of numerous tribunal and court decisions in recent years.
Topics covered by this seminar will include:
• Lender concerns about ground rents and unanswered questions about assured tenancies
• The latest on leasehold reform
• Defective lease provisions: e.g. forfeiture, service charge apportionment, no freeholder step-in provision, subsoil not mentioned
• Fire safety in high-rise tower blocks: the latest developments
• Lease extensions: rights of personal representatives, assigning section 42 notice
• Ongoing difficulties with AirBnB sub-lets
• What the Protocol now says about leasehold transactions
• Current issues arising from alterations to flat, whether unauthorised or in breach of ‘licence conditions’
Speaker: Stephen Desmond
Since 2004, Stephen has delivered more than 1,800 CPD events to lawyers from a variety of backgrounds.
Stephen is a contributing editor to Butterworths Property Law Service, writing on the complex law relating to long and short leases. He also writes on the subject of commercial property. He has run a university-accredited distance-learning course for aspiring paralegals in the subject of residential conveyancing.
A non-practising Solicitor with several years post-qualification experience, Stephen has represented many business and private cients, including property investors and local authorities.
To book a free place on this event or for further information, please click on the link below.