Conveyancing Law Update (Wetherby) – Presented by Richard Snape
The course will look at the most important recent conveyancing law changes and their effect on the
conveyancer. Ground rents are a cause for major concern and the Court of Appeal’s decision in Mishcon de Reya is of extreme importance.
Topics covered include:
• Court of Appeal decision in Mishcon de Reya and its consequences
• New SRA and Law Society guidance on Money Laundering 2018
• Law Society and Land Registry guidance on fraud and interim guidance in the light of Mishcon de Reya
• Ground rent issues
• Estate rent charge issues in particular when reporting to lender
• Japanese knotweed case law and its implications
• VAT on searches
• Responses to enquiries including compliance with the Protocol
• Stamp Duty Land Tax and additional dwellings including changes made by the Finance Act 2018
• First time buyer relief
• Houses in multiple occupation including changes which came into force on 1st October 2018
To book a place on the seminar, or for further information, please click on the button below.