Contemporary issues in residential conveyancing: 2021 update (FREE webinar presented by Stephen Desmond)
Stephen Desmond’s presentation aims to bring the busy conveyancer up to speed on recent key developments in the law and practice which are relevant to practitioners in their day-to-day roles.
This will include the following issues:
- The amended questions in the 2020 edition of form TA6 on Japanese knotweed, and drainage and sewers
- SDLT: recent developments concerning mixed-use purchases
- Key changes to the Conveyancing Protocol and the Code for Completion by Post
- Current issues affecting beneficial interests and transfers of equity
- Recent cases on rights of way, restrictive covenants and conveyancers’ retainer
Since 2004, Stephen Desmond has delivered more than 1,800 CPD events to lawyers from a variety of backgrounds, with a particular focus on flat and apartment leases and practical solutions. Delegates at these events have included practitioners from a variety of size of firms, ranging from sole practitioners to City Solicitors.
Stephen is a contributing editor to Butterworths Property Law Service, writing on the complex law relating to long and short leases. He also writes on the subject of commercial property. He has run a university-accredited distance-learning course for aspiring paralegals in the subject of residential conveyancing.
A non-practising Solicitor with several years post-qualification experience, Stephen has represented many business and private clients, including property investors and local authorities.
Use the link below to register for free.