What will I be doing?
You will be providing solicitors and other conveyancing professionals with specialist property searches and reports (an essential part of the property-buying process in the UK). X-Press delivers almost 400,000 searches and reports to the conveyancing sector every year, and is trusted by more than 500 legal practices nationwide.
What, you may ask, is a property search? Property searches are an essential component of the conveyancing process, giving our industry the security of regular, repeat business which is recession proof. This benefits our franchise owners as they are able to nurture stable, lasting relationships with long-standing clients.
Most of your work would relate to property sales, developments, remortgages and repossessions for both residential and commercial markets. As such, the property search industry is almost entirely business-to-business, and your client base will predominantly be legal professionals.
You will also have access to an extensive range of additional products and services to enhance your business and the support you can provide.
What do I need to become a franchise owner?
Becoming an X-Press Legal Services franchise owner is easier than you might think.
- It’s a low-risk business which can be run from home with minimal overheads (although as you grow, you might decide to take on more staff and move to an office).
- You don’t need any previous legal experience – your clients will be the legal professionals.
- Full training and ongoing support is part of our franchise package.
Our franchise owners come from many different career backgrounds, but as the reports we prepare for clients are legal documents, you’ll need the following skills:
- Accuracy, including meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to build a strong client base and long and lasting relationships.
- Technological know-how and a willingness to embrace IT and new technology.
- Flexibility and independence, with the ability to work alone and as part of team.
What is included in the franchise package?
You can choose an initial franchise agreement of either five or ten years, with renewal options at a later date. Most of our existing franchise owners have chosen a ten-year licence. Your initial franchise package will include:
- A comprehensive IT and broadband package
- Access to remote support from our dedicated IT team
- X-Press branded stationery
- Your first marketing event
All you’ll need to provide is your own transport, a mobile phone and a home/office facility.
You’ll be given exclusive rights to one of our available territories with identifiable potential in England or Wales, taking into account local demographics.